DEFENSE LAWYERS FIGHTING IN YOUR CORNER
Those who are accused of a crime have the right to have an attorney represent them. If you are facing criminal charges, it is in your best interests to take advantage of this right. A criminal defense attorney has the experience and training to represent your best interests in court.
Criminal Defense Options
When you are accused of a crime, your attorney will help you determine your best defense. There are several different defense options you can consider:
* Alibi Defense - This type of defense relies on evidence that shows that the defendant was not at the scene of the crime at the time the crime occured. For example, if you were at the movies when the crime you are being accused of occurred, you can show your movie ticket stub and/or ask witnesses to prove you were there.
* Reasonable Doubt Defense - The heavy "burden of proof" requires that the prosecutor prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant committed the crime. This means that the defense must impress upon the jury reasonable doubt that there is enough evidence for conviction.
* Self-Defense - This type of defense admits that the defendant committed the crime, such as killing another person, but did so because they felt that their life was in danger. For example, if someone attacked you and you used deadly force against them, such as a weapon, you were in their legal rights to do so.
* Insanity Defense - This type of defense also admits guilt, but claims that the defendant only committed the crime because they were insane at the time.
* Under the Influence Defense - Defendants who committed crimes while under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs can argue that they only committed the crime because they were impaired. However, voluntary intoxication such as drinking alcohol does not excuse criminal activity.
It is important to remember that all individuals accused of a crime are legally presumed innocent until they are convicted. This conviction can come by way of a plea deal or a trial. To be convicted, the prosecution must convince the jury beyond a reasonable doubt of the defendant's guilt.
When Should I Retain a Criminal Defense Attorney?
If you have been arrested for any crime, from drinking and driving to murder, it is imperative that you exercise your rights to remain silent and call an attorney. Your defense attorney will help you every step of the way, from your bail hearing to building your defense and representing you at trial.
Get Your Questions Answered. Call for a FREE Initial Consultation
Attorneys at Law - Helping People Just Like You
If you are in legal trouble we can provide you with the representation you deserve. Our knowledge, resources and experience allow us to take on both small and big claims.
Cases We Take
Our law firm has provided people just like you with the help they deserve for a number of different types of cases. If you or a loved one is in need of an experienced attorney call us immediately to discuss your case.